In the latest instalment (Seven Trends Changing IoT — and the World), he looks at the future of the Internet of Things (IoT). He highlights seven trends that are going to change IoT in an industry that is expected to grow 15% to $773bn this year.
- Artificial intelligence, fog, and blockchain are converging to become the key technologies for IoT transformation.
- Co-everything is the new normal.
- The world is marching toward open standards, open architectures, and interoperability.
- Security is the make-or-break factor for IoT.
- Governments are stepping in to regulate IoT security, privacy and standards.
- IoT is revolutionising data analytics.
- China is rising as a top IoT innovator and adopter.
These trends are pushing IoT to develop new business models. IoT senses and generates the data, which we would previously use to improve business processes. Now AI-based data analytics derives information from the collected data lake. That information used in a collaborative way, within and outside of your business, allows transformative opportunities to develop.
What are you going to do with IoT to change the world?